A community of textile upcycling entrepreneurs who share a passion for addressing global textile waste with creative reuse.
What can I expect when I join?
- Accountability Groups
- Professional and Member Profiles
- Live Community Events
- Materials Market
- Monthly Prompts and Challenges
- Member-Taught Classes and Workshops
- Book Recommendations and Book Club
- Live Stitch Hours - Create Together!
- Connections and Networking
- Inspiration, Kindness, and More!
Tell me if this sounds like you:
You are a creative textile upcycling entrepreneur working really hard to make your business pay off and just need to know that it is possible to hit the income, impact and lifestyle goals you dream about.
You are a textile-centric creative professional sick of being part of the industry feeding our global textile waste crisis and are ready to turn this rig around to be part of our environmental solution by committing to upcycling.
You are so jazzed by the idea of environmentally-focused, creative self-employment that you can taste it, but you need a little guidance and support to build your confidence and momentum.
You are a creative textile upcycler super-stoked to find a posse of like-minded makers who share your environmental passion and creative spirit. You love to share your experience and knowledge and you are excited to find inspiration from a community that resonates.
MEET YOUR MENTOR
Hi, I'm Crispina ffrench. I'm in the business of helping textile upcyclers become successful entrepreneurs.
I'm a recycled textile activist, industry professional, and entrepreneur who has dedicated my life to using sustainable materials and recycling textiles. I've been doing this work for more than 35 years...long before anyone even uttered the words, "up-cycling" or "zero-waste."
My ultimate goal hosting Stitcherhood is to create a supportive community of textile upcycling entrepreneurs dedicated to reducing global textile waste and teaching by example. I've worked with some of the biggest names in textiles: Patagonia, Eileen Fisher, and Timberland, and share everything I know with recycled textile artists so they can become successful entrepreneurs. And save the world at the same time.
AS A MEMBER OF STITCHERHOOD, YOU'LL BE:
- Surrounded by creative textile upcycling entrepreneurs from across the world with individual skill sets, experience and expertise
- An integral part of a global shift toward careful consumption
- Immersed in creative empowerment building momentum in consumption awareness
- A celebrated part of our environmental solution
Addressing our global textile waste crisis with creative ingenuity.
Stitcherhood is good for you
- Scientists have proven that tapping into creativity builds confidence and self-esteem while reducing stress and anxiety.
- Textile Upcycling is accessible and does not require up front investment
- Human connection and having fun are intrinsic to mental well-being.
- Building and growing a truly sustainable textile upcycling business teaches by example that we are able to make global impact with our careful choices.
Here's what members have to say about Stitcherhood:
"Stitcherhood is the wholesome alternative to Facebook that I have been craving! It has all of the connection, the excitement of finding others with shared creative interests, and the potential to open up a whole planet's worth of social and professional networking opportunities...and *none* of the toxic algorithms. I love it here!!"
"This community is literally an answered prayer. I am a team player, for me everything magical happens in community. I am passionate about supporting others in achieving their goals, sharing resources and creating new futures."
Charlotte B. (Member)
"I am so excited to be a part of this lovely community. I feel as though I've waited a long time for something like this to come along."
(Entrepreneur & Summit Speaker)
"I love that our recycling community is growing by leaps and bounds. I am so proud of what Crispina ffrench has created for everyone through Stitcherhood...Together we are changing the world."
Ready to join us in Stitcherhood?
Textile upcyclers disrupt the textile-to-landfill flow by harvesting value from the thrift stream, creating new product using manufacturers’ waste, sewing small batches using deadstock and/or honoring the exquisite handwork of vintage textiles.
If this is you, then you've found your people! Come and connect with us for mutual support, learning, and collaboration!