- 1Crispina's Official Website: crispina.eco
- 2Crispina's Etsy Shop (products and maker supplies!): Crispina ffrench on Etsy
- 3Rags to Riches Textile Upcycling Podcast: ragstoriches.eco
- 4Join the Stitcherhood: Crispina's Online Community for Upcyclers
- 5Rags to Riches Textile Upcycling SUMMIT: 2023 Rags to Riches Summit Waitlist
- 6Buy Crispina's book used at Bookshop.org: Crispina's Bookshop
- 7Check out "Dollar-a-Pound"- 'cause it's still there! By the Pound - Garment District
It’s time for the next chapter of Crispina’s Story! In case you missed last week’s episode, we’ve put our hostess with the mostest in the guest seat for a 3-part series delving into her long and winding road as a textile upcycling entrepreneur and educator.
Crispina’s friend Sarah Stewart is here to ask the questions, and Crispina is bringing all the juicy details born from her decades of experience in the industry.
In this chapter, they discuss growing pains as Crispina’s production company exploded in the 90s and early 2000s and she had to think on her feet and adapt to find ways to source her materials in bulk, comply with labor laws in various states, and even sell her company entirely to return to her maker roots.
We also get to hear about Crispina’s transition from CEO to educator – the aspect of her textile upcycling work that really lights her fire! From her book, The Sweater Chop Shop, to her first workshops and her collaboration with Eileen Fisher, this is just the beginning of the important educational and inspirational work that Crispina has been doing. Work that is coming to a laptop near you this spring via the second annual Rags to Riches Textile Upcycling Summit online event!
This is Part 2 of a 3-part series of interviews with Crispina and Sarah entitled “How’d You Get Here From There?”
Are you ready?